How to become a Certified House Inspector

  1. Certification by that organization.

    Once a member has received the CHI(P) Provisional Certified House Inspector they qualify under the Government mandate to be licensed. Once the license has be received the member can undertaken inspection services with the public for a fee. See steps to certification.

  2. Obtaining Insurance.

    ASTTBC-PI Insurance Provider is Willis Canada. Use the contact number below for all the information you will need for acquiring the necessary insurance. All applicants must submit confirmation of insurance with their application to the Consumer Protection BC (CPBC).

    It must be noted that ASTTBC-PI Inspectors enjoy the lowest premiums in the province due to the highest quality of performance reflecting the lowest claim rate.

    Willis Canada Inc.
    1500 – 1095 West Pender St.
    Vancouver, British Columbia V6E 2M6
    Tel: (604) 683-6831 Email:
    Toll Free: 1 (800) 665-5252
    Fax: (604) 683-5746
    Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday

  3. Application for Government Licensing

    Please visit Consumer Protection BC to apply for a license.

  4. Welcome aboard, you can count on ASTTBC-PI for assistance at each stage of your journey.